NOTICE TO ALL FESTIVAL PARTICIPANTS:
To ensure future World Salsa Festivals, to ensure proper security and to protect the participants as well as the venue, the artists, the dance instructors and the organizers, please review the following items and provide your consent by clicking “I Agree”:
1. All tickets, passes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be exchanged with another group or individual.
2. The event organizer, World Salsa Festival LLC, is not liable for any property damage, personal injury, wrongful death or theft of personal property as a result of your participation in the festival. Please use care, for yourself and others, while you are at the festival, and at all times treat other participants with respect.
3. As a participant, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify World Salsa Festival LLC, as well as the venue, Burbank Marriott Hotel, from any and all claims or causes of action for personal injury, property damage, wrongful death or theft or destruction of property where such claim or cause of action arose directly or indirectly out of my participation at World Salsa Festival.
4. World Salsa Festival programs, itinerary, workshops, shows and schedules in general are subject to change. The festival organizers will provide online notice of any schedule changes as soon as possible after learning of the need for changes, but cannot guarantee that any scheduled performance, workshop or dance will be held at the time listed in the festival schedule. Please check the schedule periodically for changes.
5. By clicking “I Agree” to this form, you hereby grant World Salsa Festival LLC permission to use your images in videos, digital marketing, social media and print promos.
6. Participant/Attendees Code of Conduct: by participating in the World Salsa Festival, I agree not to engage in disruptive behavior such as fighting, threats against other participants, group organizers, hotel staff, or any form of sexual harassment or unwanted sexual advances. Further, if I see other participants engaging in such conduct, I will report same to the event organizers. World Salsa Festival LLC has the right to remove any participant with no refund who is behaving unlawfully or in such a way as to negatively affect enjoyment of the festival for other participants. Participant may be banned for life at future World Salsa Festivals, at the sole discretion of the event organizers. As a participant, I understand that my attendance is by invitation only and the festival organizers have the right to revoke my invitation at any time.
7. To ensure safety for participants, World Salsa Festival LLC reserves the right to search personal belongings and perform bodily “pat down” searches upon entering the pool parties, ballrooms or any of the workshops, to search for contraband, weapons or any illegal substances. If anyone is found in possession of weapons, contraband or illegal substances, he or she will be removed from the festival immediately, without refund, and may be subject to a permanent ban from World Salsa Festival. World Salsa Festival LLC shall, in its sole discretion, confiscate any item which could be used as a weapon if, for the safety of the participants, World Salsa Festival LLC determines that the item is unreasonably dangerous.
8. Impossibility, Force Majeur:
The performance of this agreement is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of World Salsa Festival, LLC, including but not limited to acts of God, war, acts of terrorism, government regulations, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities, to the extent that such circumstance makes it illegal or impossible for World Salsa Festival LLC to provide an event.
9. By agreeing to these terms, I further agree that any and all claims of any nature, which accrue directly or indirectly through my participation at World Salsa Festival at any time, shall be referred to binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association, with California law being applied. I hereby also agree that I may bring any such claim or action as an individual action only and I waive and relinquish any right to bring a class action or a mass action.